Friday, July 20, 2007

Perks

I finally received my wine industry discount card, entitling me to a good percentage off wine produced at most of the wineries in New York state. And my tasting fee is gratis.


I stopped by one of the more popular wineries on Seneca Lake yesterday. After presenting my card, I asked the pourer how many tastings I’m entitled to.


“Oh YOU get to try however many you want...” She said with a smile. I glanced over at some of the other tasters and beamed with superiority.


Great, I’ll try your standard Chardonnay, semi-dry Riesling, and the sweet Riesling… oh and throw in a sample of that $25 Pinot Noir, the $30 Reserve Riesling, the $45 Meritage... and maybe some of that sold out Lemberger for kicks and giggles (I don’t even like dry, tannic reds!)


I left with what ended up being a $10 bottle of pretty darn good Riesling. I love Riesling.


I think this card is going to lead me toward more evil, than good.

No comments: