Thursday, June 7, 2007

Smoking Loon 2005 Chardonnay

Winery: Smoking Loon (Don Sebastiani & Sons)
Location: Sonoma, California
Vintage: 2005
Cost: $7.49 (plus rebate, a steal!)
Website: www.donandsons.com
My Rating: Great!




SEE:
Clear yellow. Yep. Looks like a chardonnay to me.

SMELL:
Smell this wine and think "Spring!" I dare ya!
My first impression was that the nose reminded me of 3rd grade relay days. Like freshly cut lawn and blossoming flowery blossoms. I love wine that can jog up old time memories.

TASTE:
I've had this wine before, but needed a reminder as to whether I liked it or not. Initially, it felt sharp to me... Now, BUTTERY. This is a very buttery wine to me. Buttery taste, and a buttery vanilla finish. I'm thinking that this would go great with a 1/4 head of butter lettuce, some sliced almonds, a few chunks of feta cheese and an kick-ass balsamic vinaigrette.

BONUS:
You have to keep the cork...


No comments: